Job Title: Student Tech Admin
An Offensive Security Student Administrator is responsible for providing technical support and guidance to Offensive Security students via support email and Live Chat. In addition, based on the candidate’s strengths and preferences, duties will include maintaining the student VPN labs, updating and maintaining Offensive Security websites, and other operational tasks as required.
The Student Administrator role is a full-time salaried position with shift work required, including evenings and weekends. This position is staffed from 07:00 - 04:00 GMT and we operate on three different shifts (0700 - 1530 GMT, 1300 - 2130 GMT, and 2000 - 0430 GMT). Ideal candidates would also be able to complete training with a mentor who may work on a shift outside their permanent shift following training. All work is performed from a home office working with a global team.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- IT support on technical-related requests via support email, live chat, forum moderation, and community channels
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support for Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot VPN, remote access, and RDP
- Setup, deploy, and configure Offensive Security lab systems
- Network administration and maintenance of local area network services such as firewalls, servers, and other devices
- Ongoing maintenance and improvements in virtualization infrastructure
- Maintain technical problems history through a ticketing system
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring
- Participating in projects for the implementation of new functions, services, etc.
- Assisting other team members as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Employment Requirements:
- OSCP and/or OSCE certification
- Fluency in reading, writing, and comprehension of English
- 3+ years of well-rounded IT experience
- 2+ years of recent experience on server-side technologies and management
- 2+ years experience providing end-user technical support and desire to provide high quality customer service to our students
- 2+ years experience operating and troubleshooting Linux and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with enterprise-level networking configuration
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to work unsupervised in a high pressure environment
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities and prioritization skills
- A strong belief and understanding of being a team player in a remote working environment
- Strong knowledge of networking, virtualization, Windows, storage, and backup
- Prior experience working remotely
- Experience working with a trouble ticket system
- Prior experience configuring and managing enterprise firewalls
- Experience configuring and managing Host Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience in planning, installing, configuring, administering, managing, and supporting Windows Servers
- Employment Requirements:
This position is staffed from 07:00 - 04:00 GMT, seven days a week. Weekend work is required, but rotated to have a varying schedule with some weekend days off throughout the month.
Student admins generally work one of three shift schedules within the above time block.All work is performed from a home office working with a global team.
We are continuously growing our team, but currently have reached our maximum capacity for new Student Admins in training. We anticipate doing another round of hiring later in 2017. If you submit your resume now, we will hold your submission and contact you when we begin hiring our next round of team additions. You will not receive a confirmation of your submission, but be assured your resume will be kept on file.
When submitting your resume, please indicate your shift(s) (in GMT) and days of the week availability as well as minimum salary requirements. Please also include your OSID.