Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE) is an advanced web application security review course. We teach the skills needed to conduct white box web app penetration tests.
Students will learn how to:
- perform a deep analysis of decompiled code,
- identify logical vulnerabilities many scanners aren’t equipped to find, and
- exploit vulnerabilities by chaining them into complex attacks.
We recommend it as an option for skills specialization after completing PWK.
Students who complete the course and pass the exam earn the Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE) certification, demonstrating mastery in exploiting front-facing web apps.
Course includes a 48-hour exam.
Learn web application attacks and exploits.
Gain access to a virtual penetration testing lab.
Earn your OSWE certification.
OSWE is an advanced web application security certification. We recommend starting with PWK and earning the OSCP penetration testing certification first.
Once you’ve completed the AWAE course material and practiced your skills in the labs, you’re ready to take the certification exam.
The OSWE exam has a time limit of 48 hours and consists of a hands-on web application assessment in our isolated VPN network. Within the exam environment, you’ll attack various web applications and operating systems. Points are awarded for each compromised application, based on their difficulty and the level of access obtained.
If you obtain the points needed to pass, you must submit a comprehensive web application assessment report. It should contain in-depth notes and screenshots detailing your findings. This exam is proctored.
A passing exam grade will declare you an Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE). Certified OSWEs have a clear and practical understanding of the web application assessment and hacking process. They’ve proven their ability to review advanced source code in web apps, identify vulnerabilities, and exploit them.
Register at least 10 days prior to desired start date.
Establish connection to the virtual lab.
Progress through course materials and practice your skills.
Schedule certification exam within 120 days of course completion.
Successfully complete the 48-hour exam and earn your OSWE.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation is not an entry-level course. AWAE is designed for:
- Experienced penetration testers who want to better understand white box web app pentesting
- Web application security specialists
- Web professionals working with the codebase and security infrastructure of a web application
(software engineer, full stack web developer, etc)
COURSE OVERVIEW & SYLLABUS
AWAE is not a course focused on black box methodology. You will be learning white box web app pentest methods. The bulk of your time will be spent analyzing source code, decompiling Java, debugging DLLs, manipulating requests, and more, using tools like Burp Suite, dnSpy, JD-GUI, Visual Studio, and the trusty text editor. The course covers the following topics in detail. For a more complete breakdown of the course topics, please refer to the AWAE syllabus.
- Persistent Cross-Site Scripting
- Session Hijacking
- .NET Deserialization
- Data Exfiltration
- Bypassing File Extension Filters
- Magic Hashes
- PostgreSQL Extension and User Defined Functions
- Bypassing REGEX restrictions
- Cross-Site Request Forgery
- Type Juggling
- Blind SQL Injection
- Bypassing File Upload Restrictions
- Loose Comparisons
- Bypassing Character Restrictions
- PostgreSQL Large Objects
- Debugging .NET Assemblies
Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation expects students have the following before starting the course:
- Familiarity with Linux: file permissions, navigation, editing, and running scripts
- Ability to write simple Python / Perl / PHP / Bash scripts
- Experience with web proxies, such as Burp Suite and similar tools
- General understanding of web app attack vectors, theory, and practice (covered in PWK)
WHAT COMPETENCIES WILL YOU GAIN?
- Performing advanced web app source code auditing
- Analyzing code, writing scripts, and exploiting web vulnerabilities
- Implementing multi-step, chained attacks using multiple vulnerabilities
- Using creative and lateral thinking to determine innovative ways of exploiting web vulnerabilities
Supporting your Online Journey
- 6-hour video series
- 270-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to virtual lab environment
All prices in US dollars.
|AWAE + 30 days lab access + OSWE exam certification fee||$1400|
|AWAE + 60 days lab access + OSWE exam certification fee||$1600|
|AWAE + 90 days lab access + OSWE exam certification fee||$1800|
|OSWE certification exam retake fee||$200|
|AWAE lab access – 30-day extension||$500|
|AWAE lab access – 60-day extension||$700|
|AWAE lab access – 90-day extension||$900|