Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (WEB-300) is an advanced web application security review course. We teach the skills needed to conduct white box web app penetration tests.
In WEB-300, students will learn how to:
- Perform a deep analysis on decompiled web app source code
- Identify logical vulnerabilities that many enterprise scanners are unable to detect
- Combine logical vulnerabilities to create a proof of concept on a web app
- Exploit vulnerabilities by chaining them into complex attacks
This course can be taken as an option for skills specialization after completing PEN-200, but students should be comfortable reading and writing code in at least one language.
Students who complete the course and pass the exam earn the Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE) certification, demonstrating mastery in exploiting front-facing web apps. The OSWE is one of three certifications making up the new OSCE³ certification, along with the OSEP for advanced pentesting and the OSED for exploit development (coming in 2021).
Learn web app security
Practice in a virtual lab
Become an OSWE
OSWE is an advanced web application security certification. The WEB-300 course material and practice in the labs prepare students to take the certification exam.
The 48-hour exam consists of a hands-on web application assessment in our isolated VPN network. Within the exam environment, students attack various web applications and operating systems. Points are awarded for each compromised application, based on their difficulty and the level of access obtained.
Students who obtain the points needed to pass must submit a comprehensive web application assessment report. It should contain in-depth notes and screenshots detailing findings. This exam is proctored.
Those new to infosec should start with PEN-200 to establish foundational skills.
Passing the exam confers the Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE) certification. Certified OSWEs have a clear and practical understanding of the web application assessment and hacking process. They’ve proven their ability to review advanced source code in web apps, identify vulnerabilities, and exploit them.
Register at least 10 days prior to desired start date.
Establish connection to the virtual lab.
Progress through course materials and practice your skills.
Schedule certification exam within 120 days of course completion.
Successfully complete the 48-hour exam and earn your OSWE.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation is not an entry-level course. It is designed for:
- Experienced penetration testers who want to better understand white box web app pentesting
- Web application security specialists
- Web professionals working with the codebase and security infrastructure of a web application
(software engineer, full stack web developer, etc)
COURSE OVERVIEW & SYLLABUS
WEB-300 focuses on white box web app pentest methods. The bulk of your time will be spent analyzing source code, decompiling Java, debugging DLLs, manipulating requests, and more, using tools like Burp Suite, dnSpy, JD-GUI, Visual Studio, and the trusty text editor. The course covers the following topics in detail. For a more complete breakdown of the course topics, please refer to the WEB-300 syllabus.
- Web security tools and methodologies
- Source code analysis
- Persistent cross-site scripting
- Session hijacking
- .NET deserialization
- Remote code execution
- Blind SQL injections
- Data exfiltration
- Bypassing file upload restrictions and file extension filters
- PHP type juggling with loose comparisons
- PostgreSQL Extension and User Defined Functions
- Bypassing REGEX restrictions
- Magic hashes
- Bypassing character restrictions
- UDF reverse shells
- PostgreSQL large objects
- DOM-based cross site scripting (black box)
- Server side template injection
- Weak random token generation
- XML external entity injection
- RCE via database functions
- OS command injection via WebSockets (black box)
We expects students have the following before starting WEB-300:
- Familiarity with Linux: file permissions, navigation, editing, and running scripts
- Ability to write simple Python / Perl / PHP / Bash scripts
- Experience with web proxies, such as Burp Suite and similar tools
- General understanding of web app attack vectors, theory, and practice
WHAT COMPETENCIES WILL YOU GAIN?
- Performing advanced web app source code auditing
- Analyzing code, writing scripts, and exploiting web vulnerabilities
- Implementing multi-step, chained attacks using multiple vulnerabilities
- Using creative and lateral thinking to determine innovative ways of exploiting web vulnerabilities
SUPPORTING YOUR ONLINE JOURNEY
- 10-hour video series
- PDF course guide (410+ pages)
- Private labs
- Active student forums
- Access to virtual lab environment
|WEB-300 + 60 days lab access + OSWE exam certification fee||$1299|
|WEB-300 + 90 days lab access + OSWE exam certification fee||$1499|
|OSWE certification exam retake fee||$200|
|WEB-300 lab access – 30-day extension||$359|
|WEB-300 lab access – 60-day extension||$599|
|WEB-300 lab access – 90-day extension||$799|
UPGRADES (one-time offer for alumni)
|Upgrade WEB-300 course materials to the latest version + 60 days lab time||$299|
|Upgrade WEB-300 course materials to the latest version + 90 days lab time||$499|