Cracking the Perimeter (CTP) is the next step for penetration testers who have completed PWK. This online, self-paced ethical hacking course is among the most challenging available.
CTP focuses more on exploit development. Students learn how to identify advanced vulnerabilities and misconfigurations in various operating systems, then execute organized attacks.
Students who complete the course and pass the exam earn the Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE) certification. This cert proves mastery of advanced penetration testing skills. OSCEs have also demonstrated they can think laterally and perform under pressure.
Course includes a 48-hour exam.
Learn how to develop advanced exploits.
Gain access to a virtual penetration testing lab.
Earn your OSCE certification.
Once you’ve completed the course and practiced your skills in the lab, you’re ready to take the 48-hour certification exam. The exam consists of a hands-on penetration test that takes place in our isolated VPN exam network. A passing exam grade will declare you an Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE), demonstrating your mastery of advanced penetration testing techniques.
Register at least 10 days prior to desired start date.
Establish connection to the virtual lab.
Progress through course materials and practice your skills.
Schedule certification exam within 90 days of course completion.
Successfully complete the 48-hour exam to earn your OSCE.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for:
- Experienced penetration testers
- Seasoned, hardcore security professionals
Course Overview & Syllabus
Like other Offensive Security courses, CTP combines traditional course materials teaching advanced penetration testing skills with hands-on, practice within a virtual lab environment. The course covers the following topics in detail. View the full syllabus.
- The Web Application Angle
- Cross Site Scripting Attacks – Scenario #1
- Real World Scenario
- Directory traversal – Scenario #2
- Real World Scenario
- The Backdoor angle
- Backdooring PE files under Windows Vista
- Advanced Exploitation Techniques
- MS07-017 – Dealing with Vista
- Cracking the Egghunter
- The 0Day angle
- Windows TFTP Server – Case study #1
- HP Openview NNM – Case study #2
- The Networking Angle – Attacking the Infrastructure
- Bypassing Cisco Access Lists using Spoofed SNMP Requests
- GRE Route-Map Kung Fu
- Sniffing Remote Traffic via GRE tunnel
- Compromised Router Config
Cracking the Perimeter is an advanced course and requires prior knowledge of Windows exploitation techniques. You should be comfortable in OllyDbg and understand concepts such as shellcode encoding, use of the Metasploit Framework, and Linux at large.
What competencies will you gain?
- Debugging Windows binaries
- Working through encoding issues and space restrictions while crafting exploits
- Understanding PE structure to learn techniques that backdoor executables and bypass AV
- Familiarity with more advanced protections like ASLR
- Using creative and lateral thinking to achieve expanded view of standard vectors
- Thinking outside the box to determine innovative ways of penetrating internal networks
Supporting your Online Journey
- 3.5 hours of course video
- 145-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to virtual lab environment
|CTP v.1.0 + 60 days CTP Lab access + OSCE Exam Certification Fee||USD 1500.00|
|CTP v.1.0 + 30 days CTP Lab access + OSCE Exam Certification Fee||USD 1200.00|
|CTP Lab access – extension of 60 days||USD 600.00|
|CTP Lab access – extension of 30 days||USD 350.00|
|OSCE Certification Exam Retake Fee||USD 150.00|