4 Tips to Implement Online Cybersecurity Training for Your Information Technology and Security Teams
IT and Information Security teams play a vital role in keeping an organization’s data safe and secure. As technologies continue to evolve and new technologies are constantly emerging, it is essential for executives to find effective ways to help their IT and Information Security teams stay current on the latest threats and best practices.
Implementing an online cybersecurity training program for your teams is one very effective strategy to help keep your teams up-to-date and ready for your organization’s future. Online learning opportunities provide your team with convenient, self-paced access to some of the best cybersecurity training material developed by top experts in the field.
The Benefits of Implementing an Online Training Program
There are several benefits to implementing an online cybersecurity training program for your IT and information security teams.
- Self-paced learning: One of the main advantages of online cybersecurity training is that your team members can access the training whenever convenient and complete the modules at their own pace.
- Flexible learning: Your team can complete the training anytime, anywhere.
- Affordable learning: Online training is typically more cost effective and can be implemented into tight training budgets since no transportation costs or other expenses are associated with attending in-person instruction.
Motivate and Inspire Your Team to Learn New Skills
Adult learning theory tells us that adults are internally motivated to learn new skills. This means they need to be interested in the topic and have their reasons for wanting to learn a new skill versus some external reward or motivator. Make sure your team understands how the training helps them further their careers and how it is beneficial to the organization as a whole.
Choose a Hands-on Learning Experience
When searching for online cybersecurity training for your teams, look for a platform that offers the opportunity to learn and practice hands-on skills. There are a few things to consider:
- Ease of use: The learning platform should be simple and easy to understand. It should have a user-friendly interface.
- Quality: The platform should provide high-quality training materials relevant to your team’s jobs or a job task they may need to perform in the future.
- Hands-on Learning: A good learning platform should give your team a hands-on learning experience to apply what they’re learning, and build a security-oriented mindset.
Ensure Adequate Support Throughout the Learning Process
Ensure that your team has adequate support to help overcome obstacles and reduce frustration. As your team works through their online training, they will have questions and will hit roadblocks. There are a few ways to ensure your team has adequate support throughout their learning process.
- Mentors: Your team should have access to mentors who can guide them with the training materials and answer any questions they may have. Offensive Security offers this support for those completing our online cybersecurity training.
- Peers: Your team members can support each other as they work through the training as a group. They can learn from each other and share how they apply what they’ve learned in your organization.
- Technical support: Your team should have access to technical support if they run into any issues with the platform or the training materials.
Work with a Reputable Online Cybersecurity Training Provider
Offensive Security is a global leader in cybersecurity education and training. Our courses are designed by world-renowned experts and our learning platform offers a hands-on learning experience. We offer support for your teams as they are going through their training, and we provide online cybersecurity training in a hands-on environment, all in an easy-to-use platform.
When looking for an online cybersecurity training provider, consider Offensive Security. Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help your information technology and security teams stay up-to-date with their skills in this constantly changing world.