Penetration Testing with Kali Linux is the foundational course at Offensive Security. Those new to OffSec or penetration testing should start here.
This online ethical hacking course is self-paced. It introduces penetration testing tools and techniques via hands-on experience. PWK trains not only the skills, but also the mindset required to be a successful penetration tester.
Students who complete the course and pass the exam earn the coveted Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification.
Course includes a 24-hour exam.
Learn ethical hacking tools and techniques.
Gain access to a virtual penetration testing lab.
Earn your OSCP certification.
Once you’ve completed the course and practiced your skills in the labs, you’re ready to take the 24-hour certification exam. The exam consists of a hands-on penetration test that takes place in our isolated VPN exam network. A passing exam grade will declare you an Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP). The OSCP designation is well known, highly-respected, and a certification requirement for many of the industry’s top positions.
Register at least 10 days prior to desired start date.
Establish connection to the virtual lab.
Progress through course materials and practice your skills.
Schedule certification exam within 90 days of course completion.
Successfully complete 24-hour exam and earn your OSCP.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for information security professionals who want to take a serious and meaningful step into the world of professional penetration testing. This includes:
- Pentesters seeking an industry-leading certification
- Security professionals
- Network administrators
- Other technology professionals
Course Overview & Syllabus
PWK is a unique course that combines traditional course materials with hands-on simulations, using a virtual lab environment. The course covers the following topics in detail. View the full syllabus.
- Passive Information Gathering
- Active Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Buffer Overflows
- Win32 Buffer Overflow Exploitation
- Linux Buffer Overflow Exploitation
- Working with Exploits
- File Transfers
- Privilege Escalation
- Client Side Attacks
- Web Application Attacks
- Password Attacks
- Port Redirection and Tunneling
- The Metasploit Framework
- Bypassing Antivirus Software
- Assembling the Pieces: Penetration Test Breakdown
All students are required to have:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Reasonable understanding of Linux
- Familiarity of Bash scripting with basic Python or Perl a plus
What competencies will you gain?
- Using information gathering techniques to identify and enumerate targets running various operating systems and services
- Writing basic scripts and tools to aid in the penetration testing process
- Analyzing, correcting, modifying, cross-compiling, and porting public exploit code
- Conducting both remote and client side attacks
- Identifying and exploiting XSS, SQL injection, and file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications
- Deploying tunneling techniques to bypass firewalls
- Creative problem solving and lateral thinking skills
Supporting your Online Journey
- 8-hour video series
- 350-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to virtual lab environment
|Penetration Testing with Kali + 30 days Lab access + OSCP Exam Certification Fee||USD 800.00|
|Penetration Testing with Kali + 60 days Lab access + OSCP Exam Certification Fee||USD 1000.00|
|Penetration Testing with Kali + 90 days Lab access + OSCP Exam Certification Fee||USD 1150.00|
|OSCP Certification Exam Retake Fee||USD 150.00|
|PWK Lab access – extension of 90 days||USD 650.00|
|PWK Lab access – extension of 60 days||USD 500.00|
|PWK Lab access – extension of 30 days||USD 300.00|
|PWK Lab access – extension of 15 days||USD 200.00|
|Upgrade from PWB v.3.0 to PWK||USD 200.00|
|Upgrade from PWB v.2.0 to PWK||USD 300.00|
|Upgrade from PWB v.1.0 to PWK||USD 300.00|