Learn the foundations of cybersecurity defense with Offensive Security’s new Security Operations and Defensive Analysis (SOC-200) course designed for job roles such as Security Operations Center (SOC) Junior Analysts and Threat Hunters.
OffSec set the industry standard with Penetration Testing with Kali Linux (PWK), teaching students how to perform practical attacks against networks and systems. Now with SOC-200 we reveal the consequences of common attacks from a defensive perspective.
Students who complete the course and pass the associated exam earn the Offensive Security Defense Analyst (OSDA) certification, demonstrating their ability to detect and assess security incidents.
More Topics such as how to use a SIEM system coming soon to SOC-200!
New Training Subscriptions
LEARN ONE and LEARN UNLIMITED
Enjoy flexible learning options with the new Offensive Security Training Library subscriptions – Learn One and Learn Unlimited
This course covers the following Topics. View the SOC-200 syllabus.
- Attacker Methodology Introduction
- Windows Endpoint Introduction
- Windows Server Side Attacks
- Windows Client-Side Attacks
- Windows Privilege Escalation
- Windows Persistence
- Linux Endpoint Introduction
- Linux Server Side Attacks
- Network Detections
- Antivirus Alerts and Evasion
- Network Evasion and Tunneling
- Active Directory Enumeration
- Windows Lateral Movement
- Active Directory Persistence
- SIEM Part One: Intro to ELK
- SIEM Part Two: Combining the Logs
- Challenge labs release 1
- Challenge labs release 2 – targeting Q3 2022
- Challenge labs release 3 – targeting Q3 2022
- Exam – targeting Q3 2022
EXPLANATION OF TERMS
Topics: All SOC-200 Topics contain text, videos, and exercises in the Offsec Training Library. Note that videos may or may not be released at the same time as the text is.
Topic Lab Machines: Lab machines that are included with each Topic relate to that Topic’s hands-on exercises and help students apply the skills they’ve learned to a specific subject matter. The scope of a Topic machine is simply that machine’s Topic. Topic Lab Machines are released together with the topic text.
Exercises: Topics include both question-and-answer type exercises, as well as hands-on exercises with Lab machines.
Challenge Labs: Challenge Labs are additional sets of machines that allow students to apply the techniques and skills they have learned in the whole course to novel scenarios. They are meant to consolidate the knowledge contained in the course material and Topic Labs. The scope of Challenge Lab is the full course content.
WHAT COMPETENCIES WILL YOU GAIN?
- Students will get hands-on experience investigating malicious activity
- Students will learn about attack surfaces and how they can be reduced
- Students will develop a working knowledge of security operations and best practices
The new Fundamental content covered in SOC-100, included with a Learn subscription, prepares you to take SOC-200. Topics include:
- Enterprise Network Architecture
- SOC Management Processes
With more Topics added frequently!
All prices in US dollars. Subscribe to Learn One or contact our training consultants if you're purchasing Learn Unlimited. Discounts may be available for Learn One subscription.
SOC-200 ( 2 exam attempts) + PEN-210 (and 1 exam attempt) + 365 days lab access + SOC-100 + KLCP (and 1 exam attempt) + PG Practice
All courses + 365 days lab access + SOC-100 + KLCP + unlimited exam attempts + PG Practice
|Note: One subscription is needed per student. Sharing a subscription with more than one student is a violation of OffSec's academic policy and can lead to being banned.|