Wireless Attacks (PEN-210) introduces students to the skills needed to audit and secure wireless devices. It’s a foundational course alongside PEN-200 and would benefit those who would like to gain more skill in network security.
In PEN-210, students will learn to identify vulnerabilities in 802.11 networks and execute organized attacks. Each student will set up a home lab to practice the techniques learned in this online, self-paced course.
Successful completion of the course and exam confers the Offensive Security Wireless Professional (OSWP) certification.
Course Overview & Syllabus
Like other Offensive Security courses, PEN-210 combines traditional course materials with hands-on practice within a virtual lab environment. The course covers the following topics in detail. View the full syllabus.
- IEEE 802.11
- Wireless Networks
- Packets and Network Interaction
- Linux Wireless Stack and Drivers
- Aircrack-ng Essentials
- Cracking WEP with Connected Clients
- Cracking WEP via a Client
- Cracking Clientless WEP Networks
- Bypassing WEP Shared Key Authentication
- Cracking WPA/WPA2 PSK with Aircrack-ng
- Cracking WPA with JTR and Aircrack-ng
- Cracking WPA with coWPAtty
- Cracking WPA with Pyrit
- Additional Aircrack-ng Tools
- Wireless Reconnaissance
- Rogue Access Points
Supporting your Online Journey
- 3.5 hours of instructional course video
- 380-page course guide
- Active student forums
- Access to home lab setup
Below is the recommended compatible hardware for your home labs.
Recommended Wireless Network Routers
- D-Link DIR-601
- Netgear WNR1000v2
Recommended Wireless Cards
- Netgear WN111v2 USB
- ALFA Networks AWUS036H USB 500mW
For wireless card compatibility, please refer to the Aircrack-ng wiki
What competencies will you gain?
- Greater insight into wireless offensive security and expanded awareness of the need for real-world security solutions
- Implementing attacks against WEP and WPA encrypted network
- Executing advanced attacks such as PRGA key extraction and one-way packet injection
- Using alternate WEP and WPA cracking techniques
- Using various wireless reconnaissance tools
- Understanding of how to implement different rogue access point attacks
- Familiarity with the BackTrack wireless tools